Cooper issues statewide ‘Stay-at-Home’ order

By on March 27, 2020

Several hours after Dare County officials issued a similar edict, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper announced a statewide ‘Stay-at-Home’ Executive Order on March 27 that is designed to slow the rapid spread of the novel coronavirus.  The order, which goes into effect March 29 at 5 p.m., lasts for 30 days and has, as Cooper noted, “the force of law.”

The new restrictions ban gatherings of more than 10 people and direct people to stay at least six feet apart from each other. Under the order, residents are allowed to leave their homes for work, to purchase food or medicine, to exercise outdoors and to offer help to others.

In his remarks at a 4 p.m. briefing, Cooper noted that “North Carolina is considered by the CDC to have widespread transmission” of the virus, meaning people who have been infected do not know how they acquired the virus. He also called stopping its spread, “a matter of life and death.”

Recent posts in this category

Recent posts in this category

Comments

• Zack Bass

It’s about time. I heard they are still letting Outlanders on to the OBX. Is this true?

Friday, Mar 27 @ 8:05 pm
  • obxmike

I saw too many vehicles with NY, PA, VA license plates yesterday. Are they ordered to go back to their home state?

Saturday, Mar 28 @ 3:41 am
  • Steve

Yes it is true. There are many tourists here on Hatteras. They are out shopping, driving around, riding bikes and walking the sidewalk. I see a lot of out of state plates.

Saturday, Mar 28 @ 6:47 am
  • KHer

With Dare Co’s announcement yesterday and the Gov today they’re are just making it official what we have already been doing the last week or two. I guess by making it into law they can now fine and even jail people if they feel they have to.

Saturday, Mar 28 @ 7:26 am
  • OBXer

Cashiers are reporting more NRPOs in stores than a week ago. They may be taking advantage of the extenuating circumstances mandate or just plain lying to get on. Issue a mandatory evacuation of NRPOs to prevent a run on supply. Advise police and or National Guard, if activated, to man the line and hold the line. They also have had 2 incidents of having to chase down folks that ran the blockade from what I understand. I realize you NRPOs will not understand and I’ll get alot of flack but you need to hunker down in your home state and protect your family and primary residence . There have been logistical issues nationwide including locally. Now is not your time to “chill on the beach”

Saturday, Mar 28 @ 11:46 am
  • anotherobxman

Certainly is about time and I do hope it is enforced.

Saturday, Mar 28 @ 8:21 pm
  • Mr. Goebbels

I think it’s time to make all non-resident property owners wear an identifying mark on their clothing. Maybe a star of some kind. Then we can round them up, and place them together in an area under the watchful eye of the local authorities. I think it only makes sense to blame the man-made Chinese-Communist virus spread on the world after loosing a trade war to the United States, on the good people of Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, etc. who simply are trying to find some peace of mind in the land of the free, or where we pretend to be. Simple sheep, with simple minds. Baaaaaaaaaa. Rebellion to tyrants, is obedience to God. Look for my out of state license plate in a grocery store near you. I’m no communist, not the least bit sick, have been in Dare County for weeks, and not going anywhere. Until I damn well please. So get use to it, and start treating your fellow Americans with respect, not contempt. Save that for the globalist pigs. Oink. Oink.

Saturday, Mar 28 @ 8:37 pm
  • Aconcernedcitizen

Hello Steve the commenter,
    Now how would you know that the person riding their bike or just taking a walk is an out of towner? Have they started wearing a star on their clothing as Mr. Goebbels another commenter up above spoke about? Good grief….this virus is messing up people’s minds! Don’t forget, we are all in this together and none of us asked for it! The last time I checked, we are all Americans and are NOT the enemy.

Monday, Mar 30 @ 9:47 am