In Phase 2, Currituck County Govt. announces changes to procedures
By Submitted Story on May 22, 2020
As North Carolina enters Phase 2 of its COVID-19 reopening strategy, Currituck County Government will continue to provide a high level of services for residents and visitors. The health and safety of citizens and county staff will remain the county’s top priority as Currituck makes progress towards a normal operating status.
With the onset of Phase 2, certain changes will be made in the procedures of Currituck County Government. Effective as of 5:00 p.m. on May22:
- The public may attend meetings of the Board of Commissioners and Advisory Boards. Meeting rooms will be set up to follow social distancing guidelines for board members, staff, and attendees.
- The majority of county staff will return to work in county offices on Tuesday, May 26. Employees with high-risk health conditions will be allowed to continue teleworking.
- Public access to county offices will remain on an appointment-only basis.
- (Exception) The Permit Offices will be open as follows only for citizens to drop-off permit applications. (A) Mainland: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; and (B) Corolla: Wednesdays, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Plexiglas dividers have been installed at customer service counters to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Beaches, public park open space, and walking trails are open to the public. Users should follow North Carolina guidelines for social distancing and group size.
- Public restroom and beach access facilities are open and will be cleaned on a more frequent schedule.
The three Senior Center locations will remain closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our elderly citizens.
For information on the NC Cooperative Extension Service in Currituck County, Phase 2 updates can be found at https://currituck.ces.ncsu.edu/2020/05/operational-update/ or by calling 252-232-2261.
For information on the Public Library in Currituck County, Phase 2 updates can be found at https://www.facebook.com/currituckcountylibrarysystem or by calling 252-453-8345.