Boating Safety class to be held in May
By Submitted Story on March 14, 2021
OBX US Coast Guard Auxiliary presents: “About Boating Safely.” A boating class you can’t afford to miss. A new 4 session Virtual Zoom class starting May 12, 2021
This course satisfies NC boat operator education requirements
- Introduction to Boating – Types of power boats, boating vocabulary, sailboats, paddle boats, powering boats, and engine types.
- Boating Law – Boat registration, regulations, hull identification numbers, required safety equipment, Federal boating law, state boating law, and reporting accidents.
- Safety Equipment – Life jackets, fire extinguishers, sound-producing devices, visual distress signals, anchors, and other safety equipment.
- Safe Operation and Navigation – Buoys and beacons, aids to navigation, navigation rules, docking, and the dangers of alcohol on the water.
- Boating Emergencies – Hypothermia, boating accidents, man overboard, capsizing, emergency radio calls, carbon monoxide dangers, and weather.
- Trailering – Types of trailers, lights, hitches, towing a trailer.
- Sports and Boating – Water-skiing, hunting and hunting gear, PWC operation, and other boating tips.
All classes taught by certified Coast Guard Auxiliary Instructors.
Tuition $20 per person. includes textbook and all materials.
- 4 sessions on the following dates: 5/12, 13, 19, 20
- Each session is approximately two hours from 7 PM – 9 PM
- Location : Zoom link will be e-mailed to each participant prior to the session
To enroll or ask questions, contact Jack Horst Email: email@example.com Phone: 609-504-4312