Pea Island Refuge Annual Crabbing/Fishing Rodeo
By Outer Banks Voice on June 7, 2021
Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge announces its annual FREE opportunity to crab and fish in North Pond. North Pond is next to Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge’s visitor center. It is located 4 miles south of Marc Basnight (Oregon Inlet) Bridge, on Highway 12. This event takes place on Saturday June 12, 9 am -noon.
- No lines or nets in the water before 9 am
- Bring your own equipment, the refuge does not provide any
- No crab pots or other commercial gear
- Crabs must have a at least a 5 inch carapace (shell). Limit 50 crabs per person
- Crabbing and fishing from edge of the pond or bulkhead only
- No swimming, wading or boating
- All North Carolina State fishing regulations must be followed. No license required for recreational crabbing
- Please take your trash with you. Use the restrooms at the south end of the visitor center parking lot. Be courteous to others.
- Park in visitor center parking lot or in a safe location along the highway completely off the road. Be careful of soft shoulder sand.
We look forward to see you there!