OBX mourns passing of First Flight student

By on January 9, 2022

(Dare County Schools)

At about noon on Jan. 9, Dare County Superintendent of Schools John Farrelly sent out this sad message to Dare County school parents about the passing of a First Flight High School senior.

It’s with much regret and a heavy heart that I’m writing this afternoon. First Flight High School senior Ryker Clark passed away last evening. Ryker was a friend to many and will be missed greatly. Please keep Ryker and his family in your thoughts and prayers. (Ryker’s mom has provided us with permission to share this tragic news).

We will be sending additional counselors and social workers to support the FFHS student body and staff tomorrow and as needed during the upcoming week. Students are encouraged to reach out to administrators, counselors, and staff as needed as we mourn the loss of Ryker and try to begin the healing process.

With regret,

John

Comments

• Niki S

Rest In Peace 🙏🏻❤️ You didn’t graduate on the stage but you did graduate and gain your heavenly wings ❤️🙏🏻 Sending comforting prayers to his family and friends ❤️

Sunday, Jan 9 @ 3:33 pm
  • Michelle

This is so sad to hear my heart and prayers goes out to the family

Sunday, Jan 9 @ 5:32 pm
  • Teresa Pugh

I am very sorry for your loss, prayers for the family and friends.

Sunday, Jan 9 @ 5:50 pm
  • Rhonda M Runkles

So very sorry to hear this. My son and daughter have been upset all day. Ryker was a friend to many. A life cut short way too soon. Rest easy buddy. The good die young. Heaven sure got a good kid. Watch over your friends down here buddy and keep them safe. With love, Mama Runkles ♡

Sunday, Jan 9 @ 6:35 pm
  • surf123

Could we get more info on the cause of death? Auto, natural, medical, fall, etc. No one needs an exact cause, but knowing the type is of value especially if auto so that other children can receive a refresher from the parents.

Monday, Jan 10 @ 9:46 am
  • The Heaths

Our thoughts and prayers to family and friends. In the past spent time at my son’s house w my grandson and other friends. Such a nice young man😢

Monday, Jan 10 @ 12:27 pm
  • josh@yahoo.com

I also would like to know more about this death??? lots obx deaths lately, maybe someone should release a statment like they did last time? i can only assume drugs sadly …. let’s hope not at 18 but people make mistakes. Regardless rest easy little dude hope you family finds peace in your passing. sad times on obx.

Monday, Jan 10 @ 1:54 pm
  • Cynthia Downing

So very sad to hear this news, extend prayers to the family and friends. You will be missed, Ryker, rest in peace.

Monday, Jan 10 @ 2:06 pm
  • RS

Rest In Peace and power Ryker. So sorry and sad about the passing of a young teenager in our local community. I didn’t know Ryker but my son did. I hope there is plenty of counseling and guidance for our precious teens. Life is fragile. I cannot imagine the pain Ryker’s parents will go thru forever.

Monday, Jan 10 @ 8:14 pm
  • Erica Stein

May God take you into heaven with his loving arms and comfort your family in knowing they will see you again. I’m so sorry for your pain. I don’t know him or his family but I still feel your loss.

Monday, Jan 10 @ 9:00 pm
  • lippy

Heartbreaking news of a life ending so young. May God comfort the family.

Tuesday, Jan 11 @ 8:16 am
  • Gloria Serido

I’m so sorry for the loved ones who lost this dear young man. I’m sure their grief is more than they feel they can bear. For some reason this young man is without tears in the presence of his heavenly Father, more joyful than we can imagine. Remember what we’ve learned about what REALLY happens when people pass and we can rejoice and know we’ll see him again.

Wednesday, Jan 12 @ 11:34 am